Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Baja adventure, overview.

My Baja trip in a nutshell;
Total miles on the bike - 3541
Miles on a trailer - 140
Days/nights in country - 12
Breakfasts of huevo rancheros - 12
Nights in a haunted motel - 1
Times faced death - 1

The ride down;
A = Home, West Valley City, Utah
B = Lake Havasu City
C = Jesus Maria
D = Loreto
E = La Paz
F = San Jose del Cabo

 The ride home with a very few differences is just a reverse route.

Baja is a beautiful place with beautiful people. Nearly everyone I dealt with had a friendly smile; the cynic will say that is because of the money the gringos bring to Mexico, and in some cases I would agree.
However, too many times I was helped by someone who didn't directly benefit from our interaction to believe it's all about money.
I loved the country, the roads, the food and the people.







I think all of Baja is magical....I can't wait to go back!


Lots of art in Baja









The complete ride report is on the following posts - just keep scrolling down for 7 more posts....if you can stay awake that long.

Since this turned out to be my final ride;
My total miles for 2013 - 20,961
All in all a pretty good year! :)

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Wow, that is a lot of miles on the bike for the trip. Nice job.

I've never been down that way but sure enjoyed seeing all your pictures.

Ken said...

Thanks for reading! (and looking at the pictures... )
:)