Thursday, November 7, 2013

El sol en Noviembre - 1

The fallen leaves raked and bagged it's time for a ride.

Baja sounds like a good November destination, so I invite Blake and Phil to join me on a Baja ride.....
 ................so Strom Cache buddy, Blake rides over from Portland area and stays the night at my house.  Then we're off for Lake Havasu City the next morning.....
 ....where we spend the night at Phil's house and then off for Baja with the rising sun.
 I've never eaten at 'in and out', so we stop here in Yuma.
 The border crossing was uneventful, but a few miles later we have our first flat. We can't see a nail hole so we fluff up the tire and press on but.....
 
 ......it lasts for several miles and goes flat again. Lucky for us it was across the street from a llantera shop (flat fixer). It was the only place for MILES...so it really was lucky.
 I did what I could to help.
 This is wearing me out.
 Flat(s) fixed we are off again. We stop for the night in San Felipe at this place.
It's the shrimp fest in town......
 ..........but Blake gets fish.
 to honor the fest I get garlic shrimp.....delicioso!

And off to bed. Tomorrow we go to Coco's corner.

4 comments:

Eating On Two Wheels said...

Groan. I am supposed to be there with you guys...

Eating On Two Wheels said...

Groan. I am supposed to be there with you guys...

Trobairitz said...

Looks like a great day out on two wheels.

That is quite the pile of leaves to rake up and bag up too. The kids seemed to have fun though.

Ken said...

Paula....Your invite DIDN'T get lost in the mail! Wish you were here!!

Trobairitz - I will have another pile as big as that one when I get home. In the pic are two of our nine grand-kids.