Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Alien Adventure Days 5, 6 and 7

I won a helmet at the Rally so I tie my old one on the back, have another fine breakfast with Meredith, Ken, Howard, John and Steve. Then we are off via Oatman city.
 Saw this guy pedaling and had to get a picture.
 Another burro just hanging out...
 One more shot of the road from Oatman to Kingman.
 Easter Dinosaur.
Hoping for a close encounter..

 Umm...
 Rachel, Nevada, I'm able to check another town off my bucket list.
 Went to the only bar in town for dinner and had to wait in line..
 They had parked out front.
Mail box.
\


The next morning I'm off for home. The 'high winds' were forcasted at 60 to 70 mph. They weren't kidding!!
I stopped at the first gas station, a Shell, which was 30 miles down the road from Rachel
I get gas and food and while eating my omelet, I get to talking to a couple from Canada.  The husband is a big cowboy with a big cowboy hat, and we had a nice conversation.  They had spent the winter in Yuma, he told me about a bike rally in Yuma and mentioned how the bikers had always rode around in large groups.  I said, 'I'm not much for group rides'. The big Canadian looked me up and down and replied, 'Yes, I can see you're cut from a different wood'. I thought that was a nice compliment, and if I judged my Canadian friend correctly he knew it was also.
 By the time I get to Delta I'm worn out from the high winds and grab a room.
 Next day I'm on my way home via Eureka, Utah.
 Closer to home the snow disappears... all is good.
Most of this trip was super. The last two days, not so much, but you have to take the good with the bad so I won't complain....too much!
1958 miles. Good trip!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ken:

Looks like you had a great few days of riding and snapping photos. Just my kind of Alien places. Perhaps one day I can get down there. Some of those places were very interesting. Too bad you couldn't have stayed for the tour where the owner went for lunch

bob
Riding the Wet Coast



Ken said...

Bob - If you do get over here I'd be happy to give you the "Alien Tour".... but I have to warn you, the roads are quite a bit straighter than the ones in your area.