Friday, February 17, 2023

GW maiden voyage day 1&2

In anticipation of Beverly's retirement we have purchased a new to us Goldwing. It is a 2006 with a a little over 36,000 miles on it. Which means it's barely broken in, we hope to break it in completely over the next few years. 
I decide to take the GoldWing on a new owner's maiden voyage. Beverly hasn't retired quite yet so she has to work and I will be going by myself.
 Coincidentally a Goldwing forum that I have joined is having a get together in Beatty Nevada in the same time frame... Hmmmm...


I leave on a very cold Thursday. The temperatures are in the low thirties, if I remember right, but you got to do what you got to do to get a ride in!

I overnight in St George where it's a little bit warmer and then leave the next morning for Beatty.

An interesting site I've wanted to see for the last while is the Ryanhenge a Stonehenge replica. Since I'm on a motorcycle the Ryanhenge replica is right on my way, which means it only adds about 50 - 75 miles to my days ride.

The Ryanhenge was completed in 2017 and is very  interesting to visit. There are a number of other things to see including a tiny Church. The owners of the trucking company where the Stonehenge is at are very welcoming to visitors.

Two alien life forms live at the hinge replica this is a gray one there's also a green one.





 





The owners of a nearby mine kept some minerals and use them to make these stained glass windows, and they are beautiful!




If you are ever on Highway 93 near Coyote Springs I highly recommend a stop at the RyanHenge  Stonehenge replica - it is very calming and very peaceful there. I'm glad I stopped.

Tomorrow is a group ride, but I'm not really a group rider so I'll most likely ride off by myself somewhere or with possibly one other guy.

Stay toont for days 3 and 4

:)

2 comments:

RichardM said...

A GW seems out of character! But it looks good…

Ken said...

Haha...you are right Richard, it feels out of character too! But I think (hope) we will be more comfortable on 2 up rides with this bike.