Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My2Wheels BBQ March 2009

Since most of the members on the My 2 Wheels motorcycle forum are in the Las Vegas area, they decided to have a BBQ in Vegas. Four Strom riders in the SLC area wanted to crash their party. Drake, Emil, A-Grinder, and I are going to meet in Vegas and enjoy the BBQ with the Vegas-ites!


Drake and I meet at his house to ride down together. We'll meet up with A-Grinder in St. George for dinner, then continue on to Vegas. Emil will meet us there.The next morning our host, Vegashotwheeler, meets us for breakfast - then a ride through the Valley of Fire State Park. After breakfast we meet some more riders at a local gas station.
We're off to the Valley of Fire.
The entrance station.
On our way! Some beautiful rock formations.
The Visitors center, I sent this pic to my daughter who is in hot and humid Alabama! More great roads and scenery.








Rest stop.




Group pic.

Another rest stop at a place with rock carvings.






Looking down from the carvings to the rest of the group.
Natural arch.



At the BBQ. Lots of new faces to us out-of-towners!
Vegashotwheeler's trike...actually his wife's.
Group pic.
Next morning, the four Utahns get ready to head home.

A-Grinders farkles...




Desert stop, Emil.
Photo op!
Looking the other direction, Caliente Nevada.
"Rest" stop.
Curvy roads, ever changing scenery.....
And home. Nice trip, I'd like to make it to another M2W BBQ, maybe next year.

1 comment:

VegasHotWheeler said...

I need to take you guys to Oatman AZ next time