Thursday, May 28, 2015

No heat. part 2 Ak.

I spend the night in Dease Lake at this place. VERY friendly staff that aims to please.

 Lunch time.


 Entering the Yukon I stop for a photo, shortly after I get my photo four college age girls stop for the same reason...their pic is much more exciting than my photo!

 Then on to Watson Lake to see the Sign Forest. 


And on to Teslin to stay overnight.



Next morning I'm off to Whitehorse, temps got down to 29. Two days ago the Gerbing heat controller for my electric vest died, then the back up died about 10 miles later.
I'll visit the dealers in Whitehorse in hopes that someone will have one, but no such luck. So I continue on to Destruction Bay. In the mean time Beverly has made numerous phone calls to have one delivered to Fairbanks dealer for me.
Thanks to Gregery at The Warming Store for his excellent help in getting the controller shipped ASAP.
And of course a HUGE thanks to Beverly for making it happen.

No comments: