Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Re-tired. part 4 Ak.

I'll need new tires before the trip is over so I had called this place previous to leaving home. They had a set of Metz Tourances waiting for me. Not only that, but they let Beverly mail the controller to them and held it for me even though they wouldn't make a dime on it, nice dealer!
 Then I visited the cultural center to learn more about the road to Deadhorse. What I learned is that the road is still muddy, flooded in spots, and "you'll be OK, just watch for the icy places..." 
"Thanks" I said, "I'm on a motorcycle." "Ohhh..." she replied, "Make sure you ride slow.."

 On the way back to my lodging I stop at the North Pole.

 Back on Eielson AFB where I'm staying.

Then I'm off for a day ride the next morning - Destination; Minto, a tiny spot I saw on my map.

But first a stop for a photo of the famous pipeline.
 Then a pic of the famous Dalton Highway sign.
 Then after 60 miles of dirt, I make a visit to the village of Minto

I buy an Almond Joy and a can of V-8 and soon start my return trip to my lodging.
 The Cemetery.
And back to my lodging.
Tomorrow I ride to Coldfoot and on to Deadhorse on Saturday

5 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Now that looks like fun! I am glad you are enjoying yourself.

RichardM said...

Right in my own backyard and I missed you. I was in Barrow for a week and now in Anchorage through the weekend....

It looks like you are getting some good weather.

Ken said...

Trobairitz - Very much so! Thanks for reading!

Richard - I'll be back there on Sunday, if all goes as planned. I might stay through Monday if those plans get a little fouled up...we'll see.

Ken said...

Trobairitz - Very much so! Thanks for reading!

Richard - I'll be back there on Sunday, if all goes as planned. I might stay through Monday if those plans get a little fouled up...we'll see.

RichardM said...

Not getting back to Fairbanks until Monday eve. Leaving Anchorage tomorrow (Monday) morning.